Today our expert - Enis Dumanogullari, the project coordinator of the Limak Marash Group of Companies - tells about the characteristics and advantages of the material actively involved in almost every modern building object.
- What are the characteristics of the fittings needed for the various construction conditions? (Far North, construction of roads, ports, airports, nuclear power plants)?
- The key properties of the fittings for different building conditions are corrosion resistance, durability of operation, possibility of fittings in different geographical and climatic conditions, high temperature of dissipation in case of fire and emergency situations, cold resistance.
- What are the most common problems for construction workers?
- When projects are carried out in remote areas, the use of A600C and A800C fittings is impossible due to the long delivery time. Very often these items are not available in the warehouses of the local distributors, which is a problem when construction time is short.
It is also necessary to note here the lack of separation in the normative documentation of the fittings of hot-rolled and thermomechanic processed periodical profile, made in accordance with GOST 34028-2016, which leads to certain difficulties in carrying out construction and installation works.
- What are the advantages of A600 and A800 fittings over traditional A400 and A500?
- The strength characteristics of A600C are higher than those of A400 and A500, which makes it possible to reduce the metal consumption to 19% relative to the A500C fittings. This advantage allows the constructions to withstand heavy loads compared to other fitting classes.
The results of the study showed that the A600C rebar began to lose its strength only at a temperature of 700°C, which is 100-150°C higher than all thermomechanically hardened reinforcing steels currently in use. The high starting temperature at electric heating determines the high service properties of the fittings: weldability, flange capacity, and improved fire safety.
Thus, a building built using the A600C rebar in the event of a fire will stand for 30-40 minutes longer than a building built using other fittings.
The A600C passes the test according to the mid-level earthquake simulation concept without damage.
This advantage can be used in the design of nuclear power plants and chemical and industrial facilities in accordance with operating requirements, including in seismic zones.
The A600C can be used in both conventional and pre-stressed structures.