DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION OF AIRPORT COMPLEXES
Modern airports are large and spacious multifunctional complexes with a well-developed infrastructure, convenient access roads, a large number of services provided, and not just an equipped platform for boarding and disembarking passengers, as it was quite recently. They acquired the features of shopping, leisure and cultural centers of cities, with cafes, restaurants, travel companies and hotels.
The peculiarities of the architectural solutions of some airports have also made them tourist attractions, real symbols and business cards of the region. After all, the aesthetic component is no less important than reliability and functionality. Nevertheless, in terms of security, the airport is classified as an object of increased danger, therefore, the construction of the airport complex is regulated by a large list of laws, regulations, and sets of rules.
TYPES OF AIRPORTS
Today, the most modern materials and new technologies are used for the construction of airports. Most often, reinforced concrete structures, metal and glass are used, and the latest computer equipment is used to create projects.
All airports are divided into 5 classes depending on the volume of passenger traffic. For the transportation of 2 million passengers and more, airports of 1-3 classes are used, most often these are airport complexes of federal or international significance. Regional flights serve airports of the 4th and 5th class.
AIRPORT PLANNING FORMS
- Centralized air terminals are small structures used in most cases for their intended purpose. These structures, as a rule, serve light aircraft.
- Block type airport. In addition to the waiting area, the building houses administrative premises, arrival and departure areas, engineering and technical premises, etc.
- Pavilion. Spacious premises with developed infrastructure, which are interconnected by air, underground or ground passages. Due to its large size, the airport complex is located outside the city. This form is used in the design and construction of airports and airfields of international importance.
AIRPORT WAITING AREA
A functional and passenger-friendly waiting area with comfortable chairs, benches or sofas will allow you to travel in comfort. For the comfort of passengers, the recommended waiting area should exceed 1.3 m2 per person. The waiting area can be located on several levels. Inside the waiting area, you can place press kiosks, cafes, restaurants, shops, etc.
Today, the process of creating a project is fully automated thanks to BIM technologies. Computer modeling of the building allows you to obtain a three-dimensional image of a future object of any complexity. This allows you to visualize all the components of the building, evaluate the functionality and appearance at the design stage, and make the necessary changes at the request of the customer. This approach will reduce the total cost of airport construction and implement a project of any complexity using BIM technologies.
MAIN SECTIONS OF THE AIRPORT CONSTRUCTION PROJECT
- Layout of the adjacent territory. This section describes in detail the layouts of the buildings of the airport complex, access roads, the location of transport stops, the location of auxiliary buildings, and landscaping schemes.
- The architectural section presents the general concept of the architectural solutions of the building, visualization of the result of construction work and a detailed description of the functional characteristics of all structures, elements and systems, with display on graphic diagrams and drawings.
- The structural section includes calculations for the maximum loads on the supporting structures of the building, as well as detailed plans, diagrams and drawings of the general layout of the building and all its parts.
- The engineering section includes detailed drawings for the connection and placement of water supply and sewerage systems, power supply, heating, ventilation and air conditioning.
The Limak Marash group of companies is engaged in the design and construction of airport complexes of any level of complexity with a consistently high quality of work. We have experience in designing complex and unique structures, as evidenced by our completed projects for the construction of large airports in Khabarovsk, Rostov-on-Don, Volgograd and Chelyabinsk, which are distinguished by unusual complex architecture and impeccable implementation.