About how to introduce BIM tools into production processes, we spoke with the head of 3D engineering group Ivan Tuibov in a traditional interview.
LMS Professional Rules
ACTIVE INTERACTION OF ALL PARTICIPANTS IN THE PROJECT AND JOINT SEARCH FOR A SOLUTION
- In Limak Marash, I am the head of the 3D design team. I will focus on three main areas:
1. Analysis of technical solutions of facilities at the stage of tendering proceedings;
2. Development of working papers;
3. Development of BIM (Building Information Modeling) technologies.
The project team starts to get acquainted with the new objects at the tender stage, where we disassemble the object on the components, check the solutions for compliance with the norms, determine the scope of work and prepare the requests for interaction of our tender department with suppliers.
Further - working design, where the main task of my and the group is in harmony, in cooperation with the adjoining partners, to create working drawings that meet the requirements of norms and contract, to coordinate them with the customer and issue them to the construction site. An important aspect of the design phase is the interaction with the customer and the Limak Marash team on the construction site. It is the active interaction of all participants of the project and joint search for a solution that allows to keep the building dynamics.
And, of course, BIM technology. Worldwide, the field of design is moving smoothly from working in 2D Computer Aided Design (CAD) systems to more advanced methods using interactive 3D models. It is not just 3D geometry, but elements containing information (about manufacturer, dimensions, material, etc.).
The designer, using such 3D elements, assembles the object as a designer, forms working documentation and sees all related disciplines in a single information model. My main functions in this direction are to teach colleagues to apply these tools and to organize joint work on projects, to create a common information environment.
THE INDUSTRIAL ZONE FROM A HEIGHT OF 238 METERS IS ONE OF MY MOST VIVID IMPRESSIONS
- In the design, I came as a student. He started as an engineer in a company carrying out projects of technical re-equipment and reconstruction of industrial-dangerous facilities and high-altitude structures. He took part in the design and survey of facilities of the petrochemical and fuel and energy industry. It was here that I was taught the skills of the literate application of CAD and payment complexes, what industrial mountaineering is like in carrying out construction and assembly works. The industrial zone from an altitude of 238 meters during copyright supervision is one of my most vivid impressions.
TO MASTER BIM TOOLS, INTRODUCE THEM INTO PRODUCTION PROCESSES, IMPROVE THE LEVEL OF DESIGN
- The desire to develop and learn modern methods of design led me to the group of companies "CSoft Nizhny Novgorod", where I started to learn BIM-technology, reached the position of head of CAD direction and became authorized teacher of Autodesk. For several years I helped design companies (including in the nuclear and oil and gas industries) to master BIM tools, introduce them into production processes, and improve the level of design. And then he moved on to design, and as head of the ADF he worked out the documentation of administrative buildings, pharmaceuticals with a lot of equipment and technology links. And BIM design tools were used at all sites.
NEW TOOLS FOR VISUALIZATION, MODELLING AND COORDINATION OF PROJECT SECTIONS
- My work in Limak Marash began with the project of the new terminal of Khabarovsk Airport. A new, unfamiliar view of the facility, airport technology with a lot of streams. I consider this an invaluable experience in design, colleagues and managers shared knowledge, I saw a new format for me interaction with the technical customer service and the construction site.
Further there were terminal projects of Chelyabinsk airport with the successful completion of the repeat Glasgostexpertise, which can be recorded in a copy of experience and in this credit to all: project group, teams on the construction site and managers.
The current project is the terminal of Kemerovo Airport’s internal airlines. New employees have arrived, the level of BIM design has increased markedly throughout the Limak Marash project, and new tools are being mastered to visualize, model and coordinate project sections.
BIM IS NOT JUST A NEW TREND, IT IS A NECESSITY
- Any modern building is a technically complex facility with a large number of engineering networks and equipment, which needs to be integrated into and interconnected with space planning solutions. The application of information modelling technology (BIM) is not just a new development, it is a necessity, since a qualitative project reduces the risk of adjustments "on the spot".
In addition, we provide the Limak Marash team on-site and technical customer with consolidated information models of the objects. I believe that this enhances the informativeness of the draft and allows for a more substantive discussion of working issues.
Tell me what you do for Limak Marash, business, functions, position.
Where did you start in the construction industry?
Where did you work before Limak Marash?
Tell us about your experience in previous Limak Marash projects.
What is the uniqueness of your processes in particular?
Share your successful cases. Do you implement your own developments, technologies that improve the quality and efficiency of your work?
As you can see the development of your direction in the company? What are the prospects, in your opinion.
WE HAVE MASTERED AND ARE USING A COMMAND MANAGEMENT PROGRAM
- In addition to BIM technologies, within the framework of our group of architects we have mastered and used the program of command management. It is a kind of unified information space where the team saves and sees questions on all architectural sections that require our attention and records their implementation.
3D IS CONVERTED TO 4D-5D FOR TIME MANAGEMENT, BUDGET
- BIM is a multi-step process, and at each stage the information model of the object changes, is supplemented by information. Visual planning tools such as VDC tools (Virtual Design and Construction) are gaining popularity. In other words, 3D is transformed into 4D-5D for time management, budget management.
In other words, 3D is transformed into 4D-5D for time management, budget management. I believe that it is necessary to develop competences in this direction and, of course, to master new tools in design.
Now there are many different projects from ice arenas to housing complexes, the geography of the projects increasingly, new specialists come to the project unit, additional training of employees is carried out. I think it’s a good measure of company development.