This week, Gokhan Jandan told us about what it means to be a project manager at Limak Marash in a traditional interview with LMS in Person.
5 LMS Professional rules
CREATE FAVORABLE CONDITIONS AND A WELL-COORDINATED TEAM
- Under my leadership, the project «Multifunctional Sports Complex «Arena» in Omsk is being implemented. The construction is carried out within the framework of a public-private partnership between Gazprom Neft, the Government of the Russian Federation and the Government of the Omsk Region.
Project task management includes: management of construction and installation works, control of their execution and compliance with current norms, rules, standards and project documents, responsibility for operational planning, coordination and ongoing control of all processes. In addition, my responsibilities also include the organization of measures to identify and eliminate the detected defects, quality control of construction.
My key task as a manager is to create favorable conditions for a well-coordinated team to perform tasks within the agreed time frame and within the established budget.
MY EXPERIENCE IN THE COMPANY IS 13 YEARS
- I have been working in the Limak group for 13 years. He started his career in the industry as a civil engineer. Participated in the construction of such major facilities as: Istanbul Sabiha Gokcen Airport (Turkey); Limak Eurasia Hotel (Turkey); Pristina International Airport (Republic of Kosovo); Mersin Arena Football Stadium (Turkey), Cairo International Airport (Egypt).
What do you do at Limak Marash: business direction, functions, position?
How did you start your career in the construction industry?
Where did you work before Limak Marash?
Tell us about your experience in previous projects.
What is the uniqueness of the processes specifically in your business?
How do you see the company's development?
THE EXPERIENCE OF INTERNATIONAL PROJECTS HAS GIVEN ME UNIQUE KNOWLEDGE
- My first professional experience in Russia was at the Platov International Airport (Rostov-on-Don), where I was Deputy Project Manager. The Arena sports complex in Omsk is my third project management experience. Before that, I was lucky to participate in the implementation of the projects «New Airport Complex of Khabarovsk International Airport (Novy)» and «Reconstruction of the station square, engineering and technical support facilities and on-site networks of Novosibirsk International Airport (Tolmachevo)».
The experience gained on the construction sites of major international facilities, including those of strategic importance, gave me a unique knowledge of the specifics and modern technologies of construction in earthquake-prone areas, as well as in conditions of exposure to low temperatures.
TO INTENSIFY PRODUCTION AND INCREASE LABOR PRODUCTIVITY
- Under my leadership, the construction quality system is being implemented, which allows optimizing production in accordance with the standards. We are introducing new technologies and intensifying production in order to increase labor productivity and make our activities more efficient.
THE KEY TO CONFIDENCE IS THE HIGH QUALITY OF CONSTRUCTION
- I believe that today our company is reliable, stable and dynamically developing, has a great potential that allows us to solve the most complex tasks. The key to confidence is the high quality of construction, the long-term experience of the company, as well as the high qualification of managers and engineering staff in all divisions of the company.