This week, Limak Marash architect Elena Mermer told us about the tasks and conditions of effective work of the team at the design stage in a traditional interview.
LMS Professional Rules
- Tell me what you do for Limak Marash: direction of business, functions, position.
- I am the main architect of the project of the construction of the ice «Arena Omsk» on the part of the general contractor. We got into work project documentation of the object and architectural concept of the object. Now under the control of the customer we refine and refine it before transfer to manufacture and installation. Taking into account the scale of the project and multifunctionality of the sports complex, at each stage of construction there are many complex and interesting tasks that we solve together in the team of experienced specialists of the company with the successful application of BIM-design technology.
- Where did you start working in the construction industry?
- After my architectural education, my first professional experience began with participation in the construction of a large hotel complex «Mriya Resort» on the project «Foster + Partners», and then other public buildings, mostly airports. From the very beginning, it was important to get acquainted with the specific industry, to get practical experience of realization of the project, that has determined the further direction of career development.
- Where did you work before Limak Marash?
- I worked mainly in large contracting Turkish construction companies, and had a successful experience in Russian airport holding. At the same time, in every company I have been fortunate to work with real professionals and learn much from them.
- Tell me about your experience in previous projects.
- I would single out the airport «Platov» in Rostov-on-Don, in which many solutions of finishing, constructions, facades were in their innovative and complicated, were developed together from scratch.
Then - construction of airport «Gagarin» (Saratov) as a customer: project management at all stages of construction, development of individual solutions of facades, windows, finishing, as well as technologies of passenger movement, baggage handling and operation of the complex in general.
Each project is a small life, which begins with the development of the basin and before the commissioning and throughout the cycle forms an exceptional experience, which becomes the basis for the next project.
- What is the uniqueness of processes in your particular activity?
- The architectural part of the project is the basis for connecting the related directions and at the same time the task of their development. Therefore, it is very important for the architect to see the complete picture in order to be able even before being ready to set the direction of the projects and to anticipate difficult places in advance. Time management and sequencing of issues depend on this.
- Share successful briefcases. Are you introducing developments, technologies that improve the quality and efficiency of your work?
- For such large-scale projects as «Arena Omsk», especially considering the tight deadlines, coherence within the team is important. For example, the working design is carried out entirely in the BIM environment, this allows everyone to be in the same information environment and exclude the possibility of project errors even at the development stage of each section. This, in turn, has a positive impact on the interaction between professionals and creates an effective working pattern.
- How do you see the development of your direction in the company? What are the prospects in your opinion.
- In the past, third-party project organizations were used to prepare a section of architectural solutions for projects, but with each project our employees develop their own experience, are constantly trained. Already today, the need for additional project offices is eliminated, thanks to the own team of specialists who are able to fully ensure construction documentation.