In our traditional People of LMS section we talked with Baris Sarikaya, the Project Manager of the Voronezh Airport project, about his professional experience and the prospects of LMS development in the construction field.
Tell us what you do in Limak Marash company, your area of activity, functions, position?
– I am the Project Manager of the new air terminal complex of the Voronezh International Airport. My responsibilities include organization of all works related to construction, from preparation of working documentation to implementation of conceived design solutions at the site in accordance with the customer's requirements.
The activity of the project manager requires great dedication in solving construction issues, because the object should be implemented within the approved budget and within terms of deadlines. Thanks to the team of professionals working on the project, all the tasks set by the Limak Marash Group management will be achieved in time.
How did your career in the construction industry begin?
– I graduated from Pamukkale University in Turkey as a civil engineer. Along with my studies, I gained practical experience in my family's construction business on different sites. I started my professional activity in Baghdad (Iraq) in the realization of the Al Sadr City Stadium multifunctional sports complex with a capacity of 33 thousand people.
Tell us about your experience in previous projects?
– Together with the Limak Marash team, I participated in the construction of several projects in Russia: Airports in Rostov-on-Don and Kemerovo, and the iMALL Esplanada Multifunctional Center in Perm. The most recently completed project was the G-Drive Arena Multifunctional Sports Complex in Omsk, where I was the construction manager.
In my work I am guided by the observance of city planning rules and regulations, as well as the declared quality and deadlines of the project.
Working in Russia taught to build objects in different climatic conditions. For example, we built G-Drive Arena in Omsk in temperatures ranging from 40 degrees Celsius to minus 40 degrees Celsius.
Why are the processes in your business unique?
–- The uniqueness lies in the organization of the coordinated work of the team, like clockwork. I support my colleagues in both work and personal initiatives. It is important to create a strong and reliable team of professionals with high dedication.
Share your successful cases. Do you implement your own developments, technologies that allow you to improve the quality and efficiency of your work?
– I feel in the company as in one big family. It gives me confidence in making difficult decisions. I strive to choose the safest and most cost-effective methods in my work in order to complete the project on time and in the best quality.
My colleagues and I are constantly sharing with each other our experiences at other sites. For example, for the first time in my entire work experience with the company, I was in charge of heavy lifting operations in Omsk. We were installing 120-ton metal structures for the roof of the G-Drive Arena, and we did a total of 20 lifts.
What prospects does LMS have, in your opinion?
– LMS builds projects from the westernmost to the easternmost point of Russia. Year after year our company builds more and more complex infrastructure facilities that increase the country's gross national product: airports, industrial complexes, sports arenas, art galleries, shopping, business and residential complexes.
We participate in the technological progress of the construction industry, and I am happy and proud to be part of it.